Are you ready for your toddler to go from crib to bed? Whether it’s because you have a new baby on the way or if the baby has outgrown the crib, it’s time to consider your two options: a full-size bed or a toddler bed. The fields are divided into this. Some people think toddler beds are the way to go and others wonder why spend money on a toddler bed that will have to be replaced soon anyway. Still figuring out which side you’re on? Stop listening to others and take into account your own situation. Find out how much space you have, what your budget is, and most importantly, think about what your child would need the most. Before deciding, you need to consider the pros and cons of toddler beds.
Advantages of the children’s bed
– A toddler bed could use the same crib mattress your child was used to. So this makes it easier to settle back into the familiar environment. The big advantage is that you don’t have to go shopping for new bedding, as the crib mattress is usually the same size, so this is a cost-effective option.
– The bed is lower, so it is easy to get in and out. If you are afraid of your child falling, you can get a toddler bed with rails to prevent it. These guardrails can also provide the child with a sense of security similar to that of a crib.
– These beds are ideal if you have limited space and have to store the crib for another baby. This is also ideal if you want to save more space in the play area.
– There are many themed beds available in this style. So this can make the new bed fun for the child.
Disadvantages of the infant bed
– A big disadvantage is that these beds are intended and designed for children between 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 years of age. Therefore, your toddler is likely to outgrow the crib. Once your child gets used to the toddler bed, it’s time to switch back to a larger double bed.
– Just because these toddler beds are lower, it is easier to get in and out of them. While this can be good, it can also be bad. Your child may keep dating because it is easier than staying in bed.
– When buying a toddler bed and mattress, be careful about the size. Some companies make these two in odd sizes, so you have to go back to them for sheets and / or accessories. They usually charge a premium due to lack of competition.
– Also note that a standard crib sheet measures 52 inches x 27 inches. If your child is in the higher percentiles, the time frame for bed use will be even shorter.